2022 National Senior Games Qualifiers (as of 12/31/2020)
Jade Brown - 8 February 2021
Please click here to see the 2022 National Senior Games Qualifiers as of 12/30/2020.
Below is more information from the National Senior Games Association about qualifying for the 2022 Games.
EXTENDED QUALIFYING PERIOD: The qualifying period for the National Senior Games in Fort Lauderdale, Florida has been extended to December 31, 2021.
- Participating in the 2021 state qualifying senior games is an opportunity to re-engage both socially and competitively with your senior games peers. The 2021 state qualifying senior games can be attended to qualify for additional sports/events, to try a new sport that you might not normally participate in or to prepare for the National Senior Games in May of 2022!
- The state qualifying senior games in each state are managed independently from the National Senior Games and with the pandemic impacting each state differently, athletes should directly contact the senior games office in any state(s) where they wish to compete for the status of their 2021 Senior Games competitions. A directory of the state qualifying games with contact information is available at NSGA.com, under the STATE GAMES tab.
- NSGA also encourages each athlete to consider their own personal circumstances when deciding
- Your qualifications achieved at a 2020 state qualifying senior games or through the adjusted qualification process established in response to the pandemic have been transferred to the 2022 National Senior Games. You do not need to re-qualify in 2021. Athletes who meet the qualifying standards in your sport/event at a 2021 state qualifying senior games will not void your qualification in that sport/event. And, your sport/event qualification will not be nullified if you compete in the same sport/event at a 2021 state senior games and you finish outside of the sport/event qualifying standards.
- Qualification adjustments made in response to the pandemic can be referenced at NSGA.com; Under the NATIONAL GAMES tab select How To Qualify.
REGISTRATION: As part of the adjustments for the 2022 National Senior Games, there will be a Priority Registration Period offered for qualified athletes which will be followed by an Open Registration Period to accommodate athletes unable to qualify for the National Senior Games. Registration for the 2022 National Senior Games presented by Humana will open in late Summer of 2021. When exact registration dates are determined, the information will be announced at NSGA.com, and in the NSGA monthly e-Newsletter, The Long Run.
- Athletes who qualified at a state senior games in 2020 or by the adjusted qualification process will be eligible to register when the Priority Registration Period begins.
- Athletes who qualify in 2021 will be eligible to register during the Priority Registration Period after the state senior games where they qualified submits 2021 results to NSGA, the results are verified by NSGA and the respective state is posted on the NSGA website.
- For the 2022 National Senior Games the number of registrants may be limited for certain sports/events and registration could reach capacity at any point during the Priority Registration Period or the Open Registration Period. If a sport/event reaches capacity an athlete can add their name to a waiting list which will be time-stamped. Should a space become available athletes on the waiting list will be contacted in chronological order and will be given a brief timeframe to accept the opening and to register for the sport/event.